You are not logged in.

• Login

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Info: Replies in this Topic: 9 » The last Post (Jun 29th 2010, 1:36pm) is from SWAT_OP-R8R.
  • "Destroying Angel" is male
  • "Destroying Angel" started this thread

Activity points: 345

Date of registration: Nov 9th 2008

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 28 [?]

Experience: 178,604

Next Level: 195,661

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Libra

Tuesday, June 29th 2010, 2:09am

CrossFire online Database

I recently emailed the guy who owns the on-line Crossfire database about helping update it to include 1.8 maps and info. but I found out from him that he is no longer continuing the update and will not be coming back to Crossfire.

He did tell me if Myself or anyone I knew with a bit of programming under there belt could take over the site and make it our own to do with as we pleased.

I would like to learn some Php/js code and do it all myself but I don't think I am the right person for the job of coding/writing the database, I do have ideas for an updated on-line database for 1.8 (like a story/quest section you can go to for help with the clues)

I have realised this database is used by a whole bunch of people who play CF but I still come across a lot who obviously have not heard of it...

I think it is a very helpful tool for those who have already explored pretty much everything or have made new accounts and still need a map reference for travelling around the systems...

It will always exist as a bit of a spoiler for people new to the game but I think the mod has always presented new surprises whenever I visit a new system for the first time, even if I found my way there via the database.

I would like to hear peoples views on whether this database should exist as it is, or be fully updated (perhaps by one of our own community members or a friend you know with programming skills) and I am sure there might be people who may not like the database and think of it as a huge spoiler to a game based on exploration of the unknown... :)

Link to site:
Signature from »Destroying Angel« Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Destroying Angel" (Jun 29th 2010, 6:45am)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Counter:

Hits today: 4,913 | Hits yesterday: 10,546 | Hits record: 424,636 | Hits total: 5,923,080 | Average hits: 3,257.44