You are not logged in.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Info: Replies in this Topic: 9 » The last Post (Jun 29th 2010, 1:36pm) is from SWAT_OP-R8R.
  • "Destroying Angel" is male
  • "Destroying Angel" started this thread

Activity points: 345

Date of registration: Nov 9th 2008

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 27 [?]

Experience: 129,053

Next Level: 157,092

member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month member since 60 month

Libra

Tuesday, June 29th 2010, 2:09am

CrossFire online Database

I recently emailed the guy who owns the on-line Crossfire database about helping update it to include 1.8 maps and info. but I found out from him that he is no longer continuing the update and will not be coming back to Crossfire.

He did tell me if Myself or anyone I knew with a bit of programming under there belt could take over the site and make it our own to do with as we pleased.

I would like to learn some Php/js code and do it all myself but I don't think I am the right person for the job of coding/writing the database, I do have ideas for an updated on-line database for 1.8 (like a story/quest section you can go to for help with the clues)

I have realised this database is used by a whole bunch of people who play CF but I still come across a lot who obviously have not heard of it...

I think it is a very helpful tool for those who have already explored pretty much everything or have made new accounts and still need a map reference for travelling around the systems...

It will always exist as a bit of a spoiler for people new to the game but I think the mod has always presented new surprises whenever I visit a new system for the first time, even if I found my way there via the database.

I would like to hear peoples views on whether this database should exist as it is, or be fully updated (perhaps by one of our own community members or a friend you know with programming skills) and I am sure there might be people who may not like the database and think of it as a huge spoiler to a game based on exploration of the unknown... :)

Link to site:
Signature from »Destroying Angel« Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Destroying Angel" (Jun 29th 2010, 6:45am)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Counter:

Hits today: 117,984 | Hits yesterday: 182 | Hits record: 411,140 | Hits total: 4,101,452 | Average hits: 4,024.52