Experience a new epic adventure.

Join Crossfire today
  • Star Trek Online

Join the Phoenix Legion

Star Trek Online

Unread News

Apr

Apr

In an exciting reversal of longstanding platform rules, Apple now allows emulation programs on iPhones and iPads. This means a large number of new devices now have access to emulators capable of playing Super Nintendo or Game Boy Advance games, for example. Delta is the first legit console emulator that has made its way to the app store. It's free, and it has some great features such as AirPlay to TV and support for Xbox and other controllers. Even the on-screen controls seem to work well. LOAF did some cartridge WC game tests, and the results were very impressive! Here's some tantalizing screenshots:

delta_emulator1t.jpgdelta_emulator2t.jpgdelta_emulator3t.jpgdelta_emulator4t.jpgdelta_emulator5t.jpgdelta_emulator6t.jpgdelta_emulator7t.jpg
    delta_emulator8t.jpgdelta_emulator9t.jpgdelta_emulator10t.jpgdelta_emulator11t.jpgdelta_emulator12t.jpgdelta_emulator13t.jpgdelta_emulator14t.jpgdelta_emulator15t.jpgdelta_emulator16t.jpg

The Delta emulator they just released in the iOS App Store is the coolest f*cking thing I’ve ever seen.

Apr

Here's a quick Banshee 3D printed by Knight26-77. The time lapse video may only be 30 seconds, but the real work (before, during and after printing) was certainly more time consuming. I do appreciate the slick results though!

knight_3dprint18t.jpgknight_3dprint19t.jpgknight_3dprint20t.jpg

Here is lightly modified 3d printed banshee. I mostly just stretched out the back end to make it look more like the game and cutscene model.

Apr

I finally got around to taking pictures of a pair of mini standees that I added to the collection last year. They're visually quite different from each other, but were intended for the same function to sit on the counter of a Babbage's/Software Etc/Egghead/Electronic Boutique-type store and generate excitement about the next Wing Commander game. The Prophecy item looks like a box, but it's a triangular A-frame joined at the top with a flat panel on the bottom. The WC4 prop looks like a tiny version of a more traditional standee display. Both are unused (the adhesive tape is still fresh on the bottom of the WCP flap), so I'll be sure to give them a good home!

mini_standee1t.jpgmini_standee2t.jpg

Apr

Apr

We post magazine scans of Wing Commander articles from time to time, but most of those date back to the '90s. It's not too common for those kinds of pieces to show up much past 2000, but AD spotted what appears to be an extensive WC3 article in the latest edition of German magazine PC Games. Their May 2024 issue has an extensive retrospective on the game. It looks like the writeup is also available online here, but it'd be a pretty cool pickup in person as well! Here's the English translation for those who need it.

You can get the new PC Games 05/24 from your newsagent from April 19th - either as a magazine edition for 6.50 euros or as a particularly lavish extended version with 16 extra pages, two full magazine DVDs and digital full version for 8.50 euros.

pcgames_2024may1t.jpgpcgames_2024may2t.jpgpcgames_2024may3t.jpgpcgames_2024may4t.jpg

Wing Commander 3 was brilliant 30 years ago - and is still a masterpiece today

In 1994, Wing Commander 3 pushed PC systems to their limits and

Recent Activities

Unread Threads

1. Topic
    2. Replies
    3. Last Reply
    1. Clan systems and clan bases 20

• SWAT_OP-R8R
    2. Replies
      Views
    3. SWAT_OP-R8R

1. Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content 275