• Join Crossfire today

Experience a new epic adventure.

Join Crossfire today
  • Star Trek Online

Join the Phoenix Legion

Star Trek Online

Unread News

Apr

I finally got around to taking pictures of a pair of mini standees that I added to the collection last year. They're visually quite different from each other, but were intended for the same function to sit on the counter of a Babbage's/Software Etc/Egghead/Electronic Boutique-type store and generate excitement about the next Wing Commander game. The Prophecy item looks like a box, but it's a triangular A-frame joined at the top with a flat panel on the bottom. The WC4 prop looks like a tiny version of a more traditional standee display. Both are unused (the adhesive tape is still fresh on the bottom of the WCP flap), so I'll be sure to give them a good home!

mini_standee1t.jpgmini_standee2t.jpg

Apr

Apr

We post magazine scans of Wing Commander articles from time to time, but most of those date back to the '90s. It's not too common for those kinds of pieces to show up much past 2000, but AD spotted what appears to be an extensive WC3 article in the latest edition of German magazine PC Games. Their May 2024 issue has an extensive retrospective on the game. It looks like the writeup is also available online here, but it'd be a pretty cool pickup in person as well! Here's the English translation for those who need it.

You can get the new PC Games 05/24 from your newsagent from April 19th - either as a magazine edition for 6.50 euros or as a particularly lavish extended version with 16 extra pages, two full magazine DVDs and digital full version for 8.50 euros.

pcgames_2024may1t.jpgpcgames_2024may2t.jpgpcgames_2024may3t.jpgpcgames_2024may4t.jpg

Wing Commander 3 was brilliant 30 years ago - and is still a masterpiece today

In 1994, Wing Commander 3 pushed PC systems to their limits and

Apr

Apr

If you haven't figured it out already, we've having a blast following the exciting progress of the orchestral album campaign this week! We would have expected things to level off a bit after the first few days, but it continues a steady upward beat. So with that in mind, George Oldziey has announced the first stretch goal. He's priced out what it would take to add a comprehensive choral arrangement to the album, and it looks like that will be possible with an additional $6000. That would come to a new Kickstarter target of $24,000. We've still got about four weeks, so I think we can do it! For another sample of what you have to look forward to, here's an awesome mix of Mr. Oldziey's previous live orchestration of Wing Commander music combined with ODVS' advanced video enhancements:

Greetings all you amazing fans. We are already approaching the $14K mark in less than a week! I'm still keeping my

Apr

Switching gears today, LOAF found a Tumblrer named NMA Nekro who specializes in fan art of Matthew Lillard. That means we get to see their glorious take on Todd "Maniac" Marshall. It's pretty amazing that people are still making content like this after 25 years. The Buzz Lightyear-style action figure is also a nice touch. As a point of comparison, the actual action figure features Maniac in his shipboard uniform and not a flight suit!

nma_nekro_art1t.jpgnma_nekro_art2t.jpgnma_nekro_art3t.jpg

How you doing? Allow me to introduce myself. Lieutenant Todd Marshall!

Recent Activities

Unread Threads

1. Topic
    2. Replies
    3. Last Reply
    1. Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content 275

• SWAT_OP-R8R
    2. Replies
      Views
    3. Aldenmar Odin

1. Freelancer/Crossfire Start Problems after Windows Installation 1

• Huor